Saturday, May 29, 2010

Watermelon-Basil Wine Cocktail

This is not a cooking recipe, or an elaborate baking "formula"...just a little liquid treat on a hot saturday afternoon.
At the farmer's market today I got a big watermelon for 5 bucks, and a nice plant of basil(that I really hope I don't end up killing...). I also got a bottle of wine for diner, a really nice South African Sauvignon Blanc called "Two Oceans".
So when I got home I had a BIG slice of melon, potted the plant(under the watchful eye of my cat...) and made myself a nice summery "adult" smoothie:



Watermelon pieces,
Ice cubes,
White wine,
3-4 leaves of basil,

Crush/Blend...

Pour in a wine glass to 3/4 full
Fill up with cranberry juice
Decorate with a slice of melon and some basil leaves(to make nice for the picutre...)

Very refreshing.
Cheers!

I should add I got the inspiration from Katerina...

No comments:

Post a Comment