Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peach and Berry Cobbler

I'm baaaaa-aaaack!!
I know it's been a really long time since I've posted anything, I apologize to my followers...but since I've moved my kitchen set-up is different and it's a bit harder to take nice pictures. Plus I have to admit my blogging mojo kinda went away. That does not mean I stopped cooking though, I still cook and bake a lot, even more so because I moved in with my boyfriend who eats A LOT!! So I gotta feed the man, you know?
Last night for dinner I made some chicken casserole thingy, and for dessert I baked this:



Yummy, warm and comforting peach cobbler with berries. I got the recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. The recipe was for double that, so I cut it in half that's why the mesurements are a bit weird...But the result is awesome nonetheless!



Here it is:

6 peaches, sliced
1/6 cup all-purpose flour (take the 1/3 cup and fill it half-way...)
2-3 TBSP honey
Juice of half a lemon
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries

Topping:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup butter, cold and in small cubes
1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP buttermilk

Start the oven at 400F and spray a 8x8in baking pan with oil.
In a bowl mix the peaches, flour, honey, lemon juice and salt and let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients and cut the butter in until it becomes crumbly, and when you squeeze it it clumps together a bit. Add the buttermilk and stir until it comes together in a soft dough.
Fold the berries in the peach mix and pour in the baking pan.
Drop tablespoon fulls of dough on the fruit. (Sprinkle with sugar if you feel like it, about one teaspoon.)
The dough does not have to be all sealed around the edges, the batter will spread a bit.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the topping is cooked( a tooth pick will come out clean, or you can check underneath if you lift it...it should be fully baked).



The bf loved it and i did too! I did miss the cinnamon a bit though, so next time I'll throw some in there. But the fresh peaches speak for themselves. I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment